Odoo User Guide
User Guide Saferpay Module for Odoo 12.0 – 14.0
The purpose of this document is to present a detailed description of Saferpay. It will explain the purpose and features of the system, the interfaces of the system, what the system will do, the constraints under which it must operate and how the system will react to external stimuli. This document is intended for both the stakeholders and the developers of the system and will be the baseline for the software development and so approval of this document is a must.
This Odoo module is compatible to work with Saferpay payment methods. This supports the following payment methods and workflows of Saferpay.
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- BONUS CARD
- SOFORT BY KLARNA
- SEPA ELV
- POSTFINANCE CARD
- POSTFINANCE eFINANCE
- APPLE PAY
Also support all features of Saferpay like payment page, iframe, Saferpay Fields, alias insert, refund, cancel.
- ODOO working environment.
- License for Saferpay module.
- Before the installation, you must have a valid account on Saferpay terminal.
- API credentials for Saferpay (Terminal ID, Customer ID, API Username and API Password) for Live and Test environment.
- A valid Acceptance Agreement for payment method and credit cards.
Here we can set the Saferpay configurations data, go toInvoicing → Configuration → Saferpay Acquirer Configuration.
- Production Url: - We can set the production url.
- Test Url: - We can set the Test url of Saferpay, this is used to switch Test/production environment.
- Customer ID: - Set the Customer Id of Saferpay account.
- Terminal ID: - Set the Terminal Id of Saferpay account
We can get the payment means and terminals from the menu Settings → Payment Means / Terminals.
Figure 1 - General Configuration
- API User Name: - Set the API Username
- API Password: - Set the API Password, we can create new API login from Saferpay backend, Settings → JSON API basic authentication → Create new JSON API login.
Figure 2 – Retrieving JSON API Keys
- API Key: - Set the API key, that is used for SaferpayFields. We can create new API Tokens in the Saferpay backend, from menu Settings → Saferpay Fields Access Tokens.
Figure 3 – Retrieving Saferpay field access token
- Liability Shift Behaviour: - If the liability shifts (liability shift is used to check this transaction is done by any fraud user) of the card get fail then the workflow is proceeding with this settings, there is two liability shift behaviours, they are
- Need Extra Security: - Recommended for high risk businesses (Jewellery, Electronics, etc.) to stick to the highest level of security.
- Recurring SCA Challenge for PSD2 Compliance: - Set only if you shop contains PSD2 certificate.
- Send Status Email: - used for send status mail to customer.
Figure 4 - Configuration List View
Figure 5 - Configuration Form View
- Smart buttons
- Test Environment: - Switching the environment from Test to Production.
- Acquires: - List of acquires (Payment methods) under this configuration.
- Logging: - List of all logs regarding the API call
- Active: - To active and inactivate the configuration.
- Icon Configurations
- We can configure the payment icons for Saferpay from the menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Icons, as shown in the figure.
Figure 6 - Payment Icons list view
Figure 7 - Payment Icon form View
Here we can set the allowed currency and code that are used for Saferpay transaction.
- Saferpay Code: - Code that is used for Saferpay communication. To identify the payment method used for the transaction.
- Allowed Currencies: - Used to set up the predefined currencies to that payment method.
Acquirer Configurations in Backend
- We can set the acquirers/payment methods for Saferpay from the menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Acquirers, as shown in the figure.
Figure 8 – Payment Acquirer Kanban View
Figure 9 - Payment Acquirers form view
Here we can set the Odoo default configurations for acquirers
- Payment Journal: - Used to set up the Journal used for this acquirer.
- Capture Amount Manually: - If selected then the manual capture option is get activated for that acquirer.
- Save Cards: - An option to the customer for saving the card details.
- Never: - If selected, then save card option is deactivated from the checkout page/payment page.
- Let the Customer Decide: - If selected, then a checkbox button will appear, providing an option to the customer to decide whether the card details needs to saved (checkout page/payment page). As shown in the figure.
- Always: - If selected, then the checkbox turned activated on the front-end (checkout page/payment page). As shown in the figure, but it is checked bydefault.
Figure 10 - Save cards with ‘Let the Customer decide’ Option
Figure 11 - Save cards with ‘Always’ Option selected
- Support Payment Icons: - Used to configure the Supported payment icons, from payment Icons we get the Allowed Currencies and Code for Payment Method.
- Payment Flow: - used to set up the payment flow, there is 2 options
- Redirection to the acquirer website: - If checked then after pay now the user is redirected to acquirer website (Saferpay payment gateway)
- Payment from Odoo: The payment is processed through the iframe.
Figure 12 – Saferpay Configuration for Payment acquirers
Configurations only for Saferpay acquirers
- Need Order Limit? - If checked we can set the minimum and maximum order limits.
- Send Customer Address: - Used to decide to send the customer delivery and billing address to Saferpay back office.
- Support Notify Url: - It is used to set this acquirer is support Notify URL.
- Support Recurring Payments: - It is used to set this acquirer support recurring payment
- if so you need to set the other option too.
- Recurring Payment Method: - It is used to specify this acquirers SCD and method is support recurring.
- Customer Confirmation email: - It is used to set whether customer Confirmation email is needed.
- Allowed Currencies: - The Allowed Currencies are loaded from Payment Icons, the listing of payment methods in payment page is depends up on this currency. If the shop currency not listed in this allowed Currencies, then it is not listed in the shop payment page.
- Enable Styling: - It is used to give styling to the payment page of acquirer website (Saferpay payment page).
- Payment Interface: - It is used to shifting the payment interface, there are 3 options,
- Payment page: - If enabled, then the checkout page will direct to Saferpay Payment page.
- Transaction Interface: - If enabled, then checkout page will load the transaction interface (iframe).
- SaferpayFields: - If Checked then it is shifted to SaferpayFields workflow. The workflow is same as iframe, the data captured by a fully PCI-certified system.
- Register Payment Type: - Which is used to define the type of payment method/acquirer, it is more important for save card. Which are,
- Support Refunds? - It is used to specify whether this acquirer support refund.
- Smart buttons
- Test Environment: - Switching the environment from Test to production
- Saferpay Acquirer Logging: - List of all logs regarding the API call used for this acquirer.
- Published: - To active and inactivate the acquirer in the website.
- Business License: - Which is used for licenses switching, e-Commerce and Business license.
- Go to menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Acquirers, choose the acquirer, for example, American Express is the acquirer then the configuration of the payment flow as shown below figure.
Figure 13 – Configuration for Payment page
- Go to menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Acquirers, choose the acquirer, for example, American Express is the acquirer then the configuration of the transaction flow as shown below figure.
- Need to switch the acquirer license to Business license for activate this flow.
Figure 14 – Configuration for Transaction Interface
- Go to menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Acquirers, choose the acquirer, for example, credit/debit is the acquirer then the configuration of the Saferpayfields flow as shown below figure.
- In the Configuration page payment flow set to “Redirection to the acquirer website”
- Payment Interface is set to “SaferpayFields”, and need to switch the acquirer license to Business license for activate this flow.
- Need to set one Template for SaferpayFields from the field “Saferpay Field Template Type” as shown in the figure.
Figure 15 - Saferpay Fields Configuration
- We can set the save card option from the acquirer form, as discussed in the above points.
- The save card option only work with Transaction Interface.
- The saved cards are listed under the menu Invoicing → Configuration → Saved Payment Data, as shown below figure
Figure 16 - Saved Card list view
Figure 17 – Saved Card Form view
- Payments - button provides the list of transactions done by the selected token.
- Go to the menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Acquirer, choose the acquirer, we can see an option for set multipart capture (“Allow Multipart Capture”) after enabling the Capture Amount Manually. As shown below.
Figure 18 – Manually Capture Configuration
- If we create one transaction with this acquirer (with this configuration), then the transaction status is in “Authorized/ Pending” state, as shown below figure. We can see the transaction from the menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Transactions.
Figure 19 – Manual/Multipart Capture
- We can capture the amount once and partially. By using Capture Transaction button the full amount is captured, by using Multipart Capture we can capture the amount partially.
- By using Void Transaction button, we can cancel the transaction.
- For refund option need to switch the acquirer in Business license.
- The refund option has two options
- Referenced Refund: - In this case the original transaction reference is present in the Saferpay back-office.
- Refund Direct: - In this case the original transaction not present in the Saferpay back-office, for example: - cash on delivery cases. In this case there is two option to refund the amount to customer.
- Refund by merchant: - This option is possible, if any of the card is saved against the customer. If no cards, then the refund will continue with the other options, i.e., Refund by Customer option, it will automatically compute in the credit card payment page.
- Refund by Customer: - If no card is saved against this customer, then the customer has to enter the card details.
Figure 20 - Direct Refund
Some of the payment method doesn’t support direct, so need to refer Saferpay documentation before configuration.
- Go to the menu Invoicing → Configuration → Payment Acquirer, choose the acquirer, and set the field Support Recurring Payments and the Recurring Payment Method field.
- Check Saferpay documentation before set up, because some of payment methods doesn’t support recurring payments
- Go to the Subscriptions → Configuration → Subscription Templates, to set up the template for subscription.
- After selecting a subscription product from the shop, and continue it with Saferpay payment method, then one recurring transaction is created on the Saferpay back-office.
- Next payments are created based on the next execution date and cron job actions, the payment processing is depending on the configuration set up in the Subscription Template.