SEPA Direct Debit
SEPA transactions can also be processed via the Saferpay JSON API, through a partnership with Intercard.
The handling of SEPA payments with Saferpay requires:
- The corresponding Saferpay eCommerce licence and thus the existence of a valid identification with a username and password for the Saferpay system.
- Availability of at least one active Saferpay terminal via which payment can be carried out and availability of the associated Saferpay TerminalId.
- A valid SEPA contract with Intercard.
For SEPA activation on the Saferpay terminal and the necessary contract, please contact your Saferpay sales contact.
- SEPA makes it necessary to define a unique SEPA MandateId for each transaction. You -the merchant- have two options to deal with this requirement:
- You can define your own MandateId and submit it inside the Payment.MandateId parameter within the initialize request! Make sure it is unique!
- If Payment.MandateId is not used, Saferpay will use the Saferpay TransactionId as its replacement, which is unique. You can find this value inside the authorization response as Transaction.Id!
- On the Payment Page, Saferpay will also display a mandate text, which the user has to agree to, before a payment can be made. If you use the transaction interface instead (see below), you must formulate and present a text yourself. The payer must agree to a SEPA mandate, or you are not allowed to carry out the payment!
Furthermore, for other flows (Refunds etc.), please refer to the table above.