SEPA Direct Debit
SEPA transactions can also be processed via the Saferpay JSON API, through a partnership with Intercard.
The handling of SEPA payments with Saferpay requires:
- The corresponding Saferpay eCommerce licence and thus the existence of a valid identification with a username and password for the Saferpay system.
- Availability of at least one active Saferpay terminal via which payment can be carried out and availability of the associated Saferpay TerminalId.
- A valid SEPA contract with Intercard.
For SEPA activation on the Saferpay terminal and the necessary contract, please contact your Saferpay sales contact.
Dynamic Currency Conversion
Mail Phone Order
The general integration of SEPA Direct Debit can be done either via the Payment Page, or the Transaction Interface and requires the following things to be considered:
- SEPA makes it necessary to define a unique SEPA MandateId for each transaction. You -the merchant- have two options to deal with this requirement:
- You can define your own MandateId and submit it inside the Payment.MandateId parameter within the initialize request! Make sure it is unique!
- If Payment.MandateId is not used, Saferpay will use the Saferpay TransactionId as its replacement, which is unique. You can find this value inside the authorization response as Transaction.Id!
- On the Payment Page, Saferpay will also display a mandate text, which the user has to agree to, before a payment can be made. If you use the transaction interface instead (see below), you must formulate and present a text yourself. The payer must agree to a SEPA mandate, or you are not allowed to carry out the payment!
- The Integration via the Transaction Interface is only possible via direct post, using Authorize Direct.
- In this case, you must also display your own mandate text!
Furthermore, for other flows (Refunds etc.), please refer to the table above.